Our mission is to be human, learn, grow, connect with our customers deeply, and work together to create business, customer, and societal value from data. We are looking for people who are pragmatic, love to learn, communicate well and enjoy working with customers. We like people who are curious about the world and who are passionate about what they do with a strong interest in data: data mining, machine learning, statistics and data science in general.
What You’ll Do
- Problem solve - everyday
- Code primarily using Scala, Python, Haskell or R stack
- Hurt your brain thinking about data-related architectural and design issues
- Collaborate with a small and talented team of creatives
- Computer Science fundamentals
- Strong hands on experience with at least one language
- Familiarity with data mining and statistical fundamentals
- A sense of aesthetics for coding
- A sense of ethics for data analysis
- A sense of pathos for the product
- Ability to work both independently and in cooperation with others
Tools You’ll Use
- We don’t confine ourselves to one programming language; we believe in using the best tool for the job.
- Python scientific stack: Pandas, Scikit-learn, Cython, Scipy/Numpy, etc
- Relational and NoSQL databases: MySql, MongoDB
- Maybe some Hadoop, Apache Spark, Kafka, maybe not
- Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform
What we offer
- Work from anywhere.
- Learn a ton about data science.
- A chance to develop your potential without any limitations
- Fun, fast-paced projects. Your work will be used in production and create value for others.
- An entrepreneurial environment with a competitive package
About Salt IO
We are a data science company. Our revenue comes from consulting with customers who need help finding value in their data. We are developing new products and tools that make our customers happy. We are growing slowly; carefully; plotting world domination through mastery of the balance between technology and humanity.